My babies turned two yesterday!! Where has the time gone! Two years ago today I was just seeing my babies for the first time. (if you want to read the whole story check out this link to my old blog http://journeytomeetbabys.blogspot.com/2009/11/they-are-here.html)
The cliff notes version is... After laboring for 19 hours then attempting to push for 3 hours and 2 failed vacuum attempts later it was determined I had to go in for a c-section. I was devastated but everyone was healthy and safe. We found out later the Mikey had tried to slip into the birth canal with Michaella and caused a traffic jam!! So a vaginal delivery was a no go. Unfortunately During the c-section I apparently got so upset that I couldn't hear Mikey cry they knocked me out. Sadly I only got a milla-second glance at the twins before they were whisked away. I was so groggy from the meds that they kept the babies in the nursery until the next morning.
Below is a picture of when i got to hold them for the first time. I was exhausted swollen (stupid pitocin) and a mess but I didn't care bc my babies were in my arms FINALLY!!!
I cant believe its already been two years! Today the twins are thriving and doing great! We had our two year check up today. We talked about the typical milestones to look for and were asked where the were on ones that they should have achieved.
At birth Mikey was roughly 6 pounds and i think 19 inches tall.... today he is a whopping 35 lbs 9oz and 37.5 inches tall! He is well above the 98% and growing like a weed! He has all his teeth now and seems to be right on track. Dr. S was happy to see their talking has improved and even laughed when we told him Mikey now says "I fart daddy" hahaha!!! We talked about the results from his visit to the Nemours Hospital up in DE. Overall Dr. S is happy with what he has been reported from the hospital and we hope to have more good news again soon.
Kayla was born at roughly 5 pounds and 18.5 inches tall. Today she was 30 pounds 12 oz and 36 inches tall. She is in the 95% and healthy. Her talking has improved but we are still waiting on the first 2 word phrase. Dr. S was so impressed to see she was potty trained and acting like a typical 2 year old!
They got 2 shots (flu and Hep A) and that went over as well as a lead balloon!! I feel bad for any children who had to hear the screaming coming from our exam room hahaha! But once we got in the car and got stickers the tears were gone! So the visit went well, which makes me VERY happy!
Now onto the fun stuff.... PARTY TIME!!!!! This year was a Dr. Seuss theme. I had such a blast decorating for it. The Kids looked adorable in their Thing 1 & Thing 2 shirts. They loved the "pop pop" theme as well. (That's what they call Dr. Seuss) They got LOTS of great gifts and had lots of fun!
Mikey giving Emmi a hug thanking her for his great gift!
Kayla and her cousin Chris playing in thew bounce house.
Cupcake TIME!!!! (Kayla)
Mikey eating his cupcake
A great friend helped me make the cupcakes.... don't they look yummy!
I made the toppers
All the snacks were served in super cute Dr. Seuss boxes i got at Target
The party favors and Birthday Book to sign
What party is complete with out a game?
The Happy Birthday Family! (Thank you Grandma Beth for the great shirts!)
We even had a coloring station (Mikey with Uncle Phil)
Food & Drinks
I got great wall clings at Target on sale and used them to decorate. Then after the party i hung them on the walls in the basement play room.
The party was sooo much fun! Thank you everyone who was there to make the day special!!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment