A Day In The LifeA Day In The LifeA Day In The LifeA Day In The Life

Friday, August 19, 2011

Its been a GREAT friends visit week

This last week or so I have been EXTREMELY blessed to have had such amazing friends come for an out of town visit.  It has really brightened my mood and put a much needed smile on my face. 
Last Friday I had a great friend Melinda come from out of town to throw a Stampin Up Party at my house for me.  We were not only college roommates but grew into best friends.  She brought her ADORABLE son Shawn who was 11 weeks old... it felt really good to have another baby in the house (shhh dont tell Mike i said that)!!!If that wasn't great enough another amazing college friend Sarah came in for the party.  She not only came to see me but to visit with Melinda and her son Shawn as well.  Last I saw Sarah it was at her wedding about 3 months ago where she married a very sweet handsome guy who shares my hubbies and sons great name!!! It was so fun being with the girls again.  Despite the rugrats around it was like old times.  I miss my college girls so much! Its hard to see them and not jump back to that care free time.  Memories flood your brain and its like an instant euphoria.  Don't get me wrong I love my life and my husband and children, but the memories of the more carefree days was a much needed break!

Then yesterday an even older friend came to town.  One of my best friends from when I was a kid.  Her name is Christa and she is now married and has a charmer of a son Christian who is just 4 months older than Mikey and Kayla.   We were friends from probably middle school (??? my brain doesn't go that far back any more hahaha) up until Jr year in high school.  A bunch of petty stuff separated us for a bit but then one day its like nothing ever happened.  The friendship and love was there again.  She came in from out of town just to see me and the kids.  It was a sweet visit!  It was great to have her around and catch up on some old times.  It was even more fun to see the kids play with someone a little older than them.  They had sooooo much fun and Mikey really enjoyed having a ruff and tuff boy to play with.  Kayla on the other hand was smitten by her new boyfriend.  I already told daddy he better watch out she is already making flirty eyes at the cute boys!!!

It has been a great week of reconnecting with great friends!!!

I have been so blessed this last year or so to have reconnected with some other great women!  A matter a fact my BFF (hahaha what am I 12yo) Julia from elementary school up through almost high school just happened to move RIGHT DOWN THE STREET from me!!! What are the odds she would move not only move to the same state but the same town.  Im soooo extremely blessed to have such a great girlfriend right up the street.  This is a long story but lets say fate appeared to have screwed her but in the end God's divine plan showed its true color. The move here was the best thing that ever happened to her.  I know I couldn't be more happy. 

Its so strange to sit and be chatting with all these ladies and not think back to when we would hang out daily.  For Christa and Julia... its hard not to feel like kids sitting in our bedrooms chatting about boys or horses or school.  And Melinda and Sarah I think back to the many all nighters in the design studio giggling from sheer exhaustion and going to the ER for cut fingers! 

I wish there was a way to wrap all these amazing people I have met through my growing up and keep them close by. 

It doesn't stop there.... In my 6+/- years in Maryland I have met some great friends as well.  Not all of them close by or available as much as we would like but they are in my life one way or another! I love every single one of them!  Then there is my online friends.  I know call me a dork but I do have a GREAT circle of e-friends!!  Some days I probably wouldn't have made it through the day with out them being there for support. 

This week has really opened up my eyes to all the AMAZING people I have met in my life so far.  I'm so truly truly blessed to have met every single one of them! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment