A Day In The LifeA Day In The LifeA Day In The LifeA Day In The Life

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

EI follow up!

Mikey and Kayla both qualified in July for Early Intervention for speech therapy.  I had my first parent session about 2 weeks ago.  We got pointers on how to work with the kids and how to encourage speech.  She is scheduled to come out for a visit 2x this month so I'm excited to see what she does with the kids. 

In the meantime we have been working with the kids using some of the speech pathologists tips.  They are doing great and I'm seeing much more willingness to try to speak.  Mikey has really taken off!  He actually said a two word phrase this week.  No surprise it was car related hahaha!  We were reading our "Daddy" book (a book about police men) and Mikey saw a cop car.  This is how the conversation went....

Mikey:  "wooo woo" 
Me:  "that's right Mikey thats a cooooop caaaarrr"
Mikey:  "caaaa caaaaaaaaaaa"
Me:  "YEAH!!! Coooooop CAAARRRR"
Mikey: "caa caaaar"
Me: "GOOD BOY that's a COOOOPPP CCCAAARR"
Mikey:  "Caaahh CAR!"

At that point i was jumping up and down clapping and saying "good boy!!"  He was so proud of himself!  I was proud of him too. 

Everyday is a little more progress.  I'm excited to see how the speech pathologist thinks they have progressed.  More updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment