A Day In The LifeA Day In The LifeA Day In The LifeA Day In The Life

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Im a bad blogger!

Things have been so nuts the last few months that I have been a BAD blogger! 

Its Easter Eve so I thought I would start back up with a fun cute pic of the kids baskets and little follow up of how they are doing. 


They both got dinosaur dolls, bubbles, Color Wonder pads and markers (my new FAVORITE coloring choice), Ruby & Max activity book and playdough eggs.  Kayla also got a headband. 

They dont quite understand the Easter Bunny yet but honestly we didnt push the idea very hard.  So im sure when they see thier baskets they will be confused why its there but enjoy the new stuff anyhow.  We also dyed eggs today before bath time.  The kids seemed to have a lot of fun and only 3 eggs paid the ultimate price.
coloring eggs on the deck with daddy!

Our eggs that paid the price of little hands!  We used stickers to try and hold them together.  I think the yellow one in the middle looks like he has a crack smile hahaha!

Now on to how they are doing.....
Needless to say Mikey and Kayla are acting like typical 2.5 year olds!  They refuse naps, refuse food, throw tantrums and beat each other up.  But they are also a lot of fun.  They run and jump and climb better than ever.  They have amazing imaginations.  They have even started sharing and playing together.  I love when I catch them deep in some imaginary world chatting away to each other clearly on the same exact page about the pretend world they are in.  They are caring and loving towards each other (sometimes).  They give each other hugs and kisses when someone gets hurt and they generally care about the other ones feelings.  They say "please" "thank you" and "welcome"  on thier own.  They are chatting up a storm and using such words as "mine" or "my" instead of thier typical 3rd person talk. They are counting and doing colors.  They sort of sing the ABC song, but usually start in the middle at "M...N...O...P".  They snuggle with everyone in the family from mommy and daddy to the dogs!  They have a chore...they feed the pups every night and they take great pride in doing so.  They are just crazy, exhausting fun little people. 

Not everyday is great.  Matter a fact MANY days are very hard but at the end of the day when we are all snuggling on the couch watching TV before bath I remember why its all worth it.  The deep level of comfort they feel snuggled deep in my lap.  The rhythmic patter of thier chests on mine.  The soft gentle feel of thier hair against my face.  And the big fat sloppy "lippy" kisses before bed. 

All the hard days are worth it when the end of the day comes and I get a big hug and they say "Love you mommy!"  It doesnt get any better than that! 

This summer should hold lots of change for us and I am looking forward to sharing every minute of it with all of you.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment